Support Our Diverse Future: 40 More Years of Global Arts
The future is more diverse than most can imagine. In Queens, we’re living in that future already, with people from around the globe sharing their lives, cultures, cuisines, skills, and talents with each other. Flushing Town Hall has been leading the way to that future for the past 40 years, serving as a hub for global music, jazz, dance, visual arts, theater, puppetry ,and intercultural exchange. We’ve only been able to do it thanks to the participation and generosity of you, our community.
Those of you who have attended our programs know how wondrous it can be to participate in and enjoy diverse forms of arts and culture. We want everyone to have that experience, and we invite you to be a part of helping us to expand our reach!
In this, our 40th anniversary year, we’ve set a goal of raising $400,000 to help support our future, with greater outreach and partnerships across our communities. Many of you have already stepped up, giving to our 40th anniversary challenge grant in the fall of 2018, or to our gala in June of 2019 – and we’ve already raised over $240,000 toward that goal.
That means we have only $160,000 to go! If you are able to give – in any amount, whether that’s $4, $40, $400, $4,000, $40,000 or more – know that your generosity will help support a future where people from all different backgrounds can come together to celebrate diverse cultures!
Your gift will help us:
- Continue to serve an increasing number of children with high-quality, diverse arts education programs that reflect their identities and cultural backgrounds (we served more than 31,000 students, teachers, families, and senior citizens through our arts education programs in the last year)
- Continue to be a welcoming cultural home for the 70,000+ people, and growing, whom we serve annually
- Continue to offer free Space Grants to artists developing new work
- Continue to steward the stunning 1862 landmark building
- Increase our service to new communities
- Reach more potential audiences
- Spread the vision of global cultural exchange
Whether or not you’re able to give, please let a friend know about what we offer, and about this opportunity to support our future.
To Donate by Mail
Please make your check payable to:
Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts
Flushing Town Hall
137-35 Northern Blvd.
Flushing, NY 11354
To Donate by phone: please call us at (718) 463-7700 x222