Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts, at historic Flushing Town Hall, is pleased to offer the following career opportunities:
MARKETING & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
Flushing Town Hall (FTH) presents multi-disciplinary global arts that engage and educate the global communities of Queens and New York City, in order to foster mutual appreciation. As advocates of arts equity since 1979, we support local, immigrant, national, and international artists, developing partnerships and collaborations that enhance our efforts. As a member of New York City’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), we serve to restore, manage and program the historic 1862 landmark on behalf of the City of New York. FTH celebrates the history of Queens as the home of Jazz, by presenting the finest in Jazz performance. We are committed to arts education and hands-on learning, for the arts-curious, arts enthusiasts, and professional artists. We serve one of the most diverse communities in the world, and strive to uphold the legacy of inclusiveness that has defined our community since the Flushing Remonstrance of 1657.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Community Engagement, the Marketing and Community Engagement Associate will support developing and implementing traditional and digital efforts that directly drive revenue-generation and audience for every event, including, but not limited to, jazz, classical, and world music, dance, theater, family, and education programs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist in developing and implementing promotion strategies to further support revenue generation and new audience development.
- Develop and manage marketing relationships with artists, special interest groups, various local and regional organizations and companies, and develop relationships to attract new audiences.
- Reserve print advertising and prepare insertion orders accordingly.
- Assist in compiling marketing materials for all FTH presenting programs, including biographies, photographs, videos, reviews, etc.
- Create and send out weekly eblast to promote upcoming events and other opportunities including membership and donations. (using Constant Contact)
- Assist with planning and implementing membership, audience development, and community engagement initiatives, and coordinating logistics of special events and campaigns.
- Manage and track FTH’s social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Encourages artists and partners to participate in FTH’s social media campaigns.
- Maintain and update FTH website with event details and announcements. (using Vendini platform)
- Work with Box Office & Customer Service staff to ensure that event information and promotion codes are clearly understood and accurately entered in the ticketing system.
- Represent FTH at selected networking and community events.
- Assist at press and promotional events.
- Assist with producing surveys and aggregating survey data.
- Any other administrative duties reasonably related to the functions described above.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in marketing, communications, and sales in performing arts industry
- Previous experience with social media platforms, Adobe Photoshop and Indesign, Google Analytics, G Suite, database management, website content management, and ticketing software is required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent editorial capacity with a strong sense of design
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities, complex situations and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, proactive, self-starter, responsible and flexible
- Work well in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Passion for the arts—particularly music, dance, theatre, puppetry, and the visual arts
- Bilingual ability a plus.
This position is a full-time position with benefits and will require some evening and weekend availability. The Annual Salary is $45,000 plus benefits. Browse www.flushingtownhall.org to learn more about Flushing Town Hall. For consideration, e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “(YOUR NAME) - Marketing and Community Engagement Associate” listed in the subject line. No phone calls or mail submissions. Flushing Town Hall is an Equal Opportunity Employer: FTH provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Chinese Initiative Intern - Community Outreach and Marketing (Unpaid)
Flushing Town Hall (FTH) is a catalyst for developing and promoting the arts and cultural activities throughout Queens, NYC, and a bridge to promote intercultural understanding through the arts in one of the most ethnically diverse counties in the U.S. FTH engages its multicultural community (138 languages are spoken in Queens) through the presentation of high quality, multidisciplinary arts programs – exhibitions; performances of jazz, classical music, puppetry theatre, dance, world music and spoken word; educational programs for audiences, artists, educators, and schools, free community events and family programs. FTH is a designated member of NYC’s prestigious 33-member Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), and a Smithsonian Affiliate.
FTH’s Chinese Initiative - Community Outreach and Marketing Internship offers undergraduate students or graduate students with a unique opportunity to acquire practical skills and experiences in expanding public awareness of FTH. The internship offers various hands-on experiences in marketing, public relations, and event planning. Projects will be assigned depending on the skills and experience of the intern.
- Assist with implementation of community outreach campaigns, social media strategy and engagement for upcoming public programs and fundraising campaigns
- Conduct research on community outreach and partnership initiatives
- Draft press release and inquiry letters; translate press release and promotional materials from English to Chinese
- Support staff in the logistics, planning, and execution of events and programs
- Assist with various administrative tasks
- Bi-lingual (English/Mandarin)
- Current undergraduate or graduate students in any field. Recent graduate is welcome. An interest in non-profit/ arts administration and marketing is preferred
- Out-going and composed when interacting with people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstration of initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness in working effectively on multiple projects
- Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required
Who Can Apply:
This program is open to currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students. Recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
This internship requires 16-21 work hours per week, 10-12 weeks or longer preferred. This internship is un-paid.
Applications are accepted on a rolling-basis.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (one in English, one in Chinese) to Ya Yun Teng at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please include your full name. You can also mail your application to: Ya Yun Teng 137-35 Northern Blvd., Flushing, NY 11354
Only those who are selected will be contacted to schedule an interview. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.
Whatever your skills, interest or time availability, chances are there is a volunteer opportunity just right for you at Flushing Town Hall. Flushing Town Hall offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. Volunteers provide assistances to staff, patrons, and the general public in many areas including
- Sales & Marketing
- Volunteer Coordination
If you are interested in joining our team of outstanding volunteers or any questions, please contact Steven Palermo, Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com
About Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts (FCCA):
FCCA was founded in 1979 to present diverse arts from all over the world, to contribute to the revitalization of Flushing, Queens, and to foster an intercultural exchange through the arts. In the 1990s FCCA acquired and renovated historic Flushing Town Hall (1862 Historic Landmark) on behalf of NYC, and operates the building as a thriving multi-disciplinary arts center. FCCA engages its multicultural community (138 languages are spoken in Queens) through the presentation of high quality, multidisciplinary arts programs – exhibitions; performances of jazz, classical music, puppetry theatre, dance, world music and spoken word; educational programs for audiences, artists, educators, and schools, free community events and family programs. FCCA is a member of NYC’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), and a Smithsonian Affiliate. For more information, please visit: www.flushingtownhall.org
FCCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: FCCA provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
All positions open until removed from the website.