Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts, at historic Flushing Town Hall, is pleased to offer the following career opportunities:
MARKETING & COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT ASSOCIATE
Flushing Town Hall (FTH) presents multi-disciplinary global arts that engage and educate the global communities of Queens and New York City, in order to foster mutual appreciation. As advocates of arts equity since 1979, we support local, immigrant, national, and international artists, developing partnerships and collaborations that enhance our efforts. As a member of New York City’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), we serve to restore, manage and program the historic 1862 landmark on behalf of the City of New York. FTH celebrates the history of Queens as the home of Jazz, by presenting the finest in Jazz performance. We are committed to arts education and hands-on learning, for the arts-curious, arts enthusiasts, and professional artists. We serve one of the most diverse communities in the world, and strive to uphold the legacy of inclusiveness that has defined our community since the Flushing Remonstrance of 1657.
Reporting to Director of Marketing and Community Engagement, the Marketing and Community Engagement Associate will support developing and implementing traditional and digital efforts that directly drive revenue-generation and more audience for every ticketed event, including, but not limited to, jazz, classical, and world music, dance, theater, family, and education programs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist in developing and implementing promotion strategies to further support revenue generation and new audience development.
- Reach out to presenting artists, special interested groups, various local and regional organizations and companies, and develop relationships to attract new audience.
- Reserve print advertising and prepare insertion orders accordingly.
- Assist in compiling marketing materials for all FTH presenting programs, including biographies, photographs, videos, reviews, etc.
- Create and send out weekly eblast to promote upcoming events and other opportunities including membership and donations. (using Constant Contact)
- Maintain and update FTH website with event details and announcements. (using Vendini platform)
- Work with Box Office & Customer Service staff to ensure that event information and promotion codes are clearly understood and accurately entered in the ticketing system.
- Represent FTH at selected networking and community events.
- Assist at press and promotional events.
- Assist with producing surveys and aggregating survey data.
- Any other administrative duties reasonably related to the functions described above.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in marketing and sales in performing arts industry
- Previous experience with Adobe Photoshop and Indesign, Google Analytics, database management, website content management, and ticketing software is required. (FTH uses Vendini platform)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities, complex situations and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, proactive, self-starter, responsible and flexible
- Work well in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Passion for the arts—particularly music, dance, theatre, puppetry, and the visual arts
- Bilingual ability a plus.
This position is a part-time (24 hours a week; $20/hr; no benefits) and will require some evening and weekend availability. Browse www.flushingtownhall.org to learn more about Flushing Town Hall. For consideration, e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “(YOUR NAME) - Marketing and Community Engagement Associate” listed in the subject line. No phone calls or mail submissions. Flushing Town Hall is an equal opportunity employer.
(40th anniversary support; re-posted 9/14/2018)
Status: Temporary (November 2018 – June 2019) / Non-exempt
Hours: Part-time / 3.5 days a week (28 hours) / flexible
Reports to: Executive & Artistic Director
Flushing Town Hall seeks an experienced, ambitious and proactive Development Associate to assist with fundraising, coordination, and program support for initiatives during our 40th anniversary year, including our 40th anniversary campaign, 40th anniversary gala, and other activities TBD. An ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about outreach to new supporters, as well as highly organized and able to provide a supporting role for the Executive and Artistic Director.
- Research potential donors and sponsors
- Schedule meetings for ED with potential high-level donors
- Solicit donations for the 40th challenge grant, solicit sponsorships for year-round programs (both ongoing and 40th anniversary programs), and solicit tickets and journal ads for the gala.
- Selling playbill ads for Fall 2019
- Coordination & tracking:
- Serve as the point person for all 40th anniversary special activities, including the 40th anniversary Gala and other celebratory activities TBD.
- Coordinate with appropriate staff in marketing and development (and external support such as designers) on 40th Challenge Grant fundraising and end-of year appeal.
- Work with the 40th Anniversary Gala Committee of the Board, and coordinate with board members under the supervision of the ED
- For Gala, track tickets, tables, sponsorships, and Gala Journal ad buys, as well as day of event coordination.
- Post-Gala follow up with thank you letters; work with Finance to insure invoicing and payment collection; mail out gala journal copies to ad buyers.
- Send Sponsorship thank-you’s
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with fundraising and soliciting donations
- Experience with galas and special events
- Excellent team player, able to work well within a small team
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic about outreach; flexibility, curiosity and a willingness to learn
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bi-lingual a plus
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, writing samples and 2 references, via email to: email@example.com Include the words “Development Associate” in the subject line. No phone calls or mail submissions, please.
Whatever your skills, interest or time availability, chances are there is a volunteer opportunity just right for you at Flushing Town Hall. Flushing Town Hall offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. Volunteers provide assistances to staff, patrons, and the general public in many areas including
- Sales & Marketing
- Volunteer Coordination
If you are interested in joining our team of outstanding volunteers, complete and submit this form today!
If you have any questions, please email Steven Palermo, Volunteet Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts (FCCA):
FCCA was founded in 1979 to present diverse arts from all over the world, to contribute to the revitalization of Flushing, Queens, and to foster an intercultural exchange through the arts. In the 1990s FCCA acquired and renovated historic Flushing Town Hall (1862 Historic Landmark) on behalf of NYC, and operates the building as a thriving multi-disciplinary arts center. FCCA engages its multicultural community (138 languages are spoken in Queens) through the presentation of high quality, multidisciplinary arts programs – exhibitions; performances of jazz, classical music, puppetry theatre, dance, world music and spoken word; educational programs for audiences, artists, educators, and schools, free community events and family programs. FCCA is a member of NYC’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), and a Smithsonian Affiliate. For more information, please visit: www.flushingtownhall.org
FCCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: FCCA provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
All positions open until removed from the website.