Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts, at historic Flushing Town Hall, is pleased to offer the following career opportunities:
BOX OFFICE & CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT
Flushing Town Hall (FTH) presents multi-disciplinary global arts that engage and educate the global communities of Queens and New York City, in order to foster mutual appreciation. As advocates of arts equity since 1979, we support local, immigrant, national, and international artists, developing partnerships and collaborations that enhance our efforts. As a member of New York City’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), we serve to restore, manage and program the historic 1862 landmark on behalf of the City of New York. FTH celebrates the history of Queens as the home of Jazz, by presenting the finest in Jazz performance. We are committed to arts education and hands-on learning, for the arts-curious, arts enthusiasts, and professional artists. We serve one of the most diverse communities in the world, and strive to uphold the legacy of inclusiveness that has defined our community since the Flushing Remonstrance of 1657.
FTH seeks a professional to join our Marketing Department as Box Office & Customer Service Support.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Maintain the highest standard of customer experience
- Process ticketing online, in person and via phone (using Vendini system)
- Respond to all phone and email inquiries and messages
- Process will-call, walk-in and comp ticket orders at events
- Daily and weekly transaction reports
- Special target and group sale research and outreach
- Member reminders for upcoming events via email or phone
- Maintain member and customer database (using Vendini system and Constant Contact)
- Gift Shop support, ie: generating sales & consignment reports, Finance Dept. support as needed (Box Office & Gift Shop share same space), occasional serving as shop salesperson, as needed.
- Any other administrative duties reasonably related to the functions described above
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Must have experience in Box Office or visitor services related work
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Capable of carrying out a wide array of duties
- Work well in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Responsible and flexible
- Passion for the arts—particularly music, dance, theatre, puppetry, and the visual arts
- Previous experience with any ticketing software is strongly desired
- Bilingual ability a plus.
This position is a part-time (minimum 10 hours a week, plus event hours; $15/hr; no benefits) reporting to Box Office & Customer Service Manager and will require consistent evening and weekend availability. Browse Flushing Town Hall’s website at www.flushingtownhall.org. For consideration, e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “(YOUR NAME): Box Office & Customer Service Support” listed in the subject line. No phone calls or mail submissions.
Flushing Town Hall is an Equal Opportunity Employer: FTG provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
Chinese Initiative Intern - Community Outreach and Marketing (Unpaid)
Flushing Town Hall (FTH) is a catalyst for developing and promoting the arts and cultural activities throughout Queens, NYC, and a bridge to promote intercultural understanding through the arts in one of the most ethnically diverse counties in the U.S. FTH engages its multicultural community (138 languages are spoken in Queens) through the presentation of high quality, multidisciplinary arts programs – exhibitions; performances of jazz, classical music, puppetry theatre, dance, world music and spoken word; educational programs for audiences, artists, educators, and schools, free community events and family programs. FTH is a designated member of NYC’s prestigious 33-member Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), and a Smithsonian Affiliate.
FTH’s Chinese Initiative - Community Outreach and Marketing Internship offers undergraduate students or graduate students with a unique opportunity to acquire practical skills and experiences in expanding public awareness of FTH. The internship offers various hands-on experiences in marketing, public relations, and event planning. Projects will be assigned depending on the skills and experience of the intern.
- Assist with implementation of community outreach campaigns, social media strategy and engagement for upcoming public programs and fundraising campaigns
- Conduct research on community outreach and partnership initiatives
- Draft press release and inquiry letters; translate press release and promotional materials from English to Chinese
- Support staff in the logistics, planning, and execution of events and programs
- Assist with various administrative tasks
- Bi-lingual (English/Mandarin)
- Current undergraduate or graduate students in any field. Recent graduate is welcome. An interest in non-profit/ arts administration and marketing is preferred
- Out-going and composed when interacting with people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstration of initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness in working effectively on multiple projects
- Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required
Who Can Apply:
This program is open to currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students. Recent graduates are also welcome to apply.
This internship requires 16-21 work hours per week, 10-12 weeks or longer preferred. This internship is un-paid.
Applications are accepted on a rolling-basis.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (one in English, one in Chinese) to Ya Yun Teng at email@example.com. In the subject line, please include your full name. You can also mail your application to: Ya Yun Teng 137-35 Northern Blvd., Flushing, NY 11354
Only those who are selected will be contacted to schedule an interview. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.
Whatever your skills, interest or time availability, chances are there is a volunteer opportunity just right for you at Flushing Town Hall. Flushing Town Hall offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. Volunteers provide assistances to staff, patrons, and the general public in many areas including
- Sales & Marketing
- Volunteer Coordination
If you are interested in joining our team of outstanding volunteers or any questions, please contact Steven Palermo, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Flushing Council on Culture and the Arts (FCCA):
FCCA was founded in 1979 to present diverse arts from all over the world, to contribute to the revitalization of Flushing, Queens, and to foster an intercultural exchange through the arts. In the 1990s FCCA acquired and renovated historic Flushing Town Hall (1862 Historic Landmark) on behalf of NYC, and operates the building as a thriving multi-disciplinary arts center. FCCA engages its multicultural community (138 languages are spoken in Queens) through the presentation of high quality, multidisciplinary arts programs – exhibitions; performances of jazz, classical music, puppetry theatre, dance, world music and spoken word; educational programs for audiences, artists, educators, and schools, free community events and family programs. FCCA is a member of NYC’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), and a Smithsonian Affiliate. For more information, please visit: www.flushingtownhall.org
FCCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer: FCCA provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
All positions open until removed from the website.