Space Grants for Artists at Flushing Town Hall
Flushing Town Hall is pleased to offer free use of our space (room rental waiver) to support new, emerging, and mid-career artists to develop projects that share our mission. Payment of hard costs is the responsibility of the artist.
FTH Space Grants can be for any length of time, from 1-6 weeks, provided we have available space, and is subject to change. All Space Grants must be discussed, arranged and approved by Flushing Town Hall staff through a rolling application process.
Questions? Email Dan Bamba, FTH Director of Arts Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
What the Space Grant Includes:
- Free use of theater and/or gallery as available (room rental waiver).
- Production & planning meetings to discuss your space grant, and for your public activity;
- Publicity & promotion in FTH season brochure for your public activity (if timing allows); and
- Box Office Service for your public activity.
What the Space Grant DOES NOT Include:
- Front of House staff support during the space grant OR the public activity;
- Technical support staff and equipment rentals during the space grant OR the public activity;
- After-hours staffing & security during the space grant OR the public activity;
- Liability Insurance;
- Individual program flyers & distribution;
- Artists’ Hospitality;
- Ticket printing service;
- License for serving alcohol.
- Grant recipient is required to pay for any hard costs incurred during their grant period. Hard costs are determined by Director of Production and Director of Facilities and Operations and will be discussed before the beginning of the Space Grant period.
- FTH Space Grant recipients are required to a present a “free to the public” activity, such as a lecture/ demonstration, workshop, etc.
- If timing allows, Space Grant public activity will be publicized through FTH marketing.
- Grant recipient is required to acknowledge the FTH Space Grant in all media, publicity, social media or printed materials describing or promoting the completed work.
How to apply:
- Submit your request for a space grant giving the details of the project through this form: https://forms.gle/oevWtN1hKJtQPgBu9 for review and approval by Flushing Town Hall staff
- After initial approval by Flushing Town Hall, Space Grant recipients will coordinate with FTH Director of Facilities and Operations to confirm schedule dates, plan and budget for front of house costs, maintenance and set-up, installation/de-installation costs, piano tuning, etc. All approved dates must be confirmed with Flushing Town Hall a minimum one week prior to arrival.
- After approval by Flushing Town Hall Staff, Space Grant recipients will also coordinate with FTH Director of Production to plan and budget for technical support (lighting, sound and other technical needs). All overhead work, including, but not limited to, lighting focus and rigging of scenery, must be performed by FTH staff.
- During the Space Grant period, FTH and Space Grant recipients will coordinate details about the required public activity.
- FTH staff MUST be informed of any changes in your schedule, timing, project personnel, at any point during the Space Grant period.