Flushing Town Hall is pleased to offer the following career opportunities:
FTH’s Chinese Initiative - Community Outreach and Marketing Internship offers undergraduate students or graduate students with a unique opportunity to acquire practical skills and experiences in expanding public awareness of FTH. The internship offers various hands-on experiences in marketing, public relations, and event planning. Projects will be assigned depending on the skills and experience of the intern.
- Assist with implementation of community outreach campaigns, social media strategy and engagement for upcoming public programs and fundraising campaigns
- Conduct research on community outreach and partnership initiatives
- Draft press release and inquiry letters; translate press release and promotional materials from English to Chinese
- Support staff in the logistics, planning, and execution of events and programs
- Assist with various administrative tasks
- Bi-lingual (English/Mandarin)
- Current undergraduate or graduate students in any field. Recent graduate is welcome. An interest in non-profit/ arts administration and marketing is preferred
- Out-going and composed when interacting with people
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstration of initiative, flexibility, and resourcefulness in working effectively on multiple projects
- Occasional weekend and evening hours may be required
Who Can Apply:
This program is open to currently enrolled undergraduate or graduate students. Recent graduates are also welcome to apply. This internship requires 16-21 work hours per week, 10-12 weeks or longer preferred. This internship is un-paid.
Applications are accepted on a rolling-basis.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and two writing samples (one in English, one in Chinese) to Ya Yun Teng at email@example.com. In the subject line, please include your full name. You can also mail your application to: Ya Yun Teng 137-35 Northern Blvd., Flushing, NY 11354
Only those who are selected will be contacted to schedule an interview. Thank you for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you.
Whatever your skills, interest or time availability, chances are there is a volunteer opportunity just right for you at Flushing Town Hall. Flushing Town Hall offers a variety of volunteer opportunities. Volunteers provide assistances to staff, patrons, and the general public in many areas including
- Sales & Marketing
- Volunteer Coordination
If you are interested in joining our team of outstanding volunteers or any questions, please contact Steven Palermo, Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Flushing Town Hall: Flushing Town Hall (FTH), a Smithsonian affiliate, presents multi-disciplinary global arts that engage and educate the global communities of Queens and New York City, in order to foster mutual appreciation. As advocates of arts equity since 1979, we support local, immigrant, national, and international artists, developing partnerships and collaborations that enhance our efforts. As a member of New York City’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), we serve to restore, manage and program the historic 1862 landmark on behalf of the City of New York. FTH celebrates the history of Queens as the home of Jazz, by presenting the finest in Jazz performance. We are committed to arts education and hands-on learning, for the arts-curious, arts enthusiasts, and professional artists. We serve one of the most diverse communities in the world and strive to uphold the legacy of inclusiveness that has defined our community since the Flushing Remonstrance of 1657.
FTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer: FTH provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or physical ability.
All positions open until removed from the website.