Career Opportunity at Flushing Town Hall
Digital Marketing & Community Engagement Associate
(Posted: May 18, 2021) Flushing Town Hall (FTH) presents multi-disciplinary global arts that engage and educate the global communities of Queens and New York City, in order to foster mutual appreciation. As advocates of arts equity since 1979, we support local, immigrant, national, and international artists, developing partnerships and collaborations that enhance our efforts. As a member of New York City’s Cultural Institutions Group (CIG), we serve to restore, manage and program the historic 1862 landmark on behalf of the City of New York. FTH celebrates the history of Queens as the home of Jazz, by presenting the finest in Jazz performance. We are committed to arts education and hands-on learning, for the arts-curious, arts enthusiasts, and professional artists. We serve one of the most diverse communities in the world, and strive to uphold the legacy of inclusiveness that has defined our community since the Flushing Remonstrance of 1657.
Since March 12, 2020, FTH has closed its doors indefinitely in response to COVID-19. FTH has been offering global arts programming online, FTH at HOME, immediately after the closure. Over the past year, FTH has presented over 370 unique, educational, arts and cultural events and experiences, reaching over 45,000 online audiences. While FTH is developing its reopening plans, FTH will continue the online programs through the duration of the time needed for social distancing and beyond.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Community Engagement, the Digital Marketing and Community Engagement Associate will support developing and implementing digital marketing efforts that directly drive revenue-generation and audience for every event, including, but not limited to, jazz, classical, and world music, dance, theater, family, and education programs.
DIGITAL MARKETING RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist in developing and implementing digital promotion strategies to further support revenue generation and new audience development.
- Write, edit, and proofread copy and content for social media, eblast, website, video and other digital platforms.
- Strategically schedule and post all social media content on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
- Monitor and engage with social media audience and online communities.
- Communicate with artists and partners to participate in FTH’s digital campaigns.
- Coordinate in producing and editing promotional videos (working with a video production company)
- Develop, manage and track all digital ads including Google Ads, YouTube pre-rolls, banner ads, and paid social media ads.
- Create and send out weekly eblast to promote upcoming events and other opportunities including membership and donations. (using Constant Contact)
- Coordinate in compiling marketing materials for all FTH presenting programs, including biographies, photographs, videos, reviews, etc.
- Ensure design consistency and comply with style guide across all marketing materials and platforms.
- Maintain and update FTH website with event details and announcements. (using Audience View Professional platform)
- Assist with producing online surveys and aggregating survey data.
COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT & OTHER PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Assist with planning and implementing audience development and community engagement initiatives, and coordinating logistics of special events and campaigns.
- Develop and manage marketing relationships with artists, special interest groups, various local and regional organizations and companies, and develop relationships to attract new audiences.
- Work with Box Office & Customer Service staff to ensure that event information and promotion codes are clearly understood and accurately entered in the ticketing system.
- Represent FTH at selected networking and community events.
- Assist at press and promotional events.
- Any other administrative duties reasonably related to the functions described above.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Must have 2-3 years of experience in marketing, communications, and sales in performing arts industry
- Previous experience with major social media platforms, SEO/SEM, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Workspace, Dropbox, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign and Premier Pro/Rush), database management, website content management, and ticketing software is required.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent editorial capacity with a strong sense of design
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities, complex situations and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, proactive, self-starter, responsible and flexible
- Work well in a team environment with minimum supervision
- Passion for the arts—particularly music, dance, theatre, puppetry, and the visual arts
- Bilingual ability a plus.
This position is a full-time position with benefits and will require some evening and weekend availability. The Annual Salary is $45,000 plus benefits. Browse www.flushingtownhall.org to learn more about Flushing Town Hall. For consideration, e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “(YOUR NAME) – Digital Marketing and Community Engagement Associate” listed in the subject line. No phone calls or mail submissions. Flushing Town Hall is an Equal Opportunity Employer: FTH provides equal access and equal opportunity in employment and services and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, or physical ability.